A WordPress theme design using the golden ratio.
Created by: Jake Spharler
Project URI: https://github.com/jspharler/golden
Requires at least: 4.0
Tested up to: 4.7
Stable tag: 2.1.5
License: GPL 3.0 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/
Tags: right-sidebar, left-sidebar, one-column, two-columns, three-columns, featured-images, featured-image-header, custom-header, custom-background, custom-menu, blog
Page layout of this theme is based on golden ratio proportions. Sidebar width is scaled to the main content by dividing the main width by 1.618. The header, title, and author bio are scaled accordingly.
Golden WordPress Theme, Copyright 2015 Jake Spharler Golden is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
- In your admin panel, go to Appearance > Themes and click the Add New button.
- Click Upload and Choose File, then select the theme’s .zip file. Click Install Now.
- Click Activate to use your new theme right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this theme support any plugins?
= Golden includes support for Infinite Scroll, and Social Menu in Jetpack.
= 2.1.5 - January 5 2017 =
- Trac ticket #31015. Theme appearance update. New screenshot.
= 1.11.6 - November 6 2016 =
- Trac ticket #31015. Theme review by @kevinhaig. Fix header title function, theme tags, enable editor styles, post format code, and add/correct licensing info.
= 1.8.13 - August 13 2016 =
- Trac ticket #31015. Theme review by @rinkuyadav999. Removed unneeded files and code. Add/correct licensing info.
= 1.6.13 - June 13 2016 =
- Fixed site layout issues, page title on header image, primary box shadow, widget width and new screenshot.
= 1.4.1 - April 24 2016 =
- Post styles changed, simplifying the blog index, and moving author info to bottom of post on single view.
= 1.3.2 - March 10 2016 =
- Fixed broken header when no header image used, add editor style function.
= 1.3.1 - March 6 2016 =
- Text file info added, remove unnecessary code.
= 1.0 - March 5 2016 =
- Initial release
Two Sidebars, Left Sidebar, Right Sidebar, No-Sidebar. To use these layouts, select in Edit Page > Page Attributes.
Optional Jetpack Social Media icons
Using Jetpack, social media icons will appear on posts, with the author info.
Author avatar will appear below post in single view, and in the comment area.
Posts and pages can have Featured Images. On single post, the Featured Image replaces the header image, with the post pulled up into it slightly. I think this brings focus to the main content, and utilizes available space well.
Golden WordPress Theme is derived from Underscores WordPress Theme, Copyright 2013 Automattic, Inc. Underscores WordPress Theme is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL
Golden WordPress Theme bundles the following third-party resources:
Font Awesome icon font, Copyright 2012-2016 Dave Gandy Applies to all desktop and webfont files in the following directory: font-awesome/fonts/. License: SIL OFL 1.1 URL: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL Applies to all CSS and LESS files in the following directories: font-awesome/css/, font-awesome/less/, and font-awesome/scss/. License: MIT License URL: http://opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.html
Content center inspiration from the theme, Simone, by Morten Rand-Hendriksen
Header inspiration from post by Mike Jordan
Image used in screenshot.png by Jake Spharler, licensed under Creative Commons